
Well, we had a tour of Gettysburg yesterday morning. We hired a guide to drive us around all the landmarks in the battlefield. Rich really enjoyed it, and the kids even got to climb a "Castle" (really a stone building of some sort).
We got to Philly around 3:30 p.m. After getting settled in our room (and finding out that this hotel doesn't have a swimming pool!), we met up with our group and had an awesome 8-course Chinese meal -- egg drop soup, two kinds of dumplings, hot and sour soup, egg rolls, beef and brocoli, beef noodles, mayonaise shrimp, combination rice, general tsao's chicken, and more that I can't remember. We then walked back to our hotel (or should I say waddled?). By then it was 9 p.m., so it was time for bed.
Today we're headed to some Philadelphia sight seeing. I'll write more tomorrow.
We got to Philly around 3:30 p.m. After getting settled in our room (and finding out that this hotel doesn't have a swimming pool!), we met up with our group and had an awesome 8-course Chinese meal -- egg drop soup, two kinds of dumplings, hot and sour soup, egg rolls, beef and brocoli, beef noodles, mayonaise shrimp, combination rice, general tsao's chicken, and more that I can't remember. We then walked back to our hotel (or should I say waddled?). By then it was 9 p.m., so it was time for bed.
Today we're headed to some Philadelphia sight seeing. I'll write more tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment